Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Creed



Tomorrow, I'll be helping a group of sixth graders write a creed as part of their Confirmation experience. Before I get up in front of the class, I thought I would write one of my own based on life in 2009 and looking forward to 2010.

I believe God comes to me in small moments that make all of my senses wake up...and those moments are chosen specifically so that I can recognize God's presence in me and around me.

I believe Jesus is a faithful companion who doesn't turn away from wrenching pain or circling slowness...he receives my praise with joy.

I believe the Holy Spirit stirs me to life and directs my gaze to people God wants me to see.

I believe the Bible moves like a cold clear river...quenching my thirst and cutting through the dry areas of life.

I believe the Church is where God is forming the next generation of faithful disciples who will be a changing and healing presence in the world.

I believe the Future is in God's hands...and holds many wonders and much beauty for those who are paying attention.

I look forward to posting the creed that is created tomorrow. Look for it in a few weeks.







The image is from Anthony Russo. Thank you.

No comments: