Saturday, May 30, 2009

What's for Dinner?




The pleasure of a good meal with good company is one of my favorite things life has to offer. Here is a list of my very favorites in no particular order:

1. Giordano's Pizza in Chicago. I feasted there with good friends & comrades on a Willowcreek Student Minsitry conference. Stuffed pizza is absolutely the best.

2. Cheesecake Factory in Houston. I've been fortunate enough to go on a few double dates to this wonderful spot. Always save room for dessert!

3. Buca de Beppo in San Diego. This time a Youth Specialties conference. Introduced me to the wonders of Bruschetta.

4. The Melting Pot in Houston. Many birthdays have been celebrated over the fondue pot, including my 40th last December with dear friends.

5. Wagon Train in Port Lavaca, Texas. These people know how to do bacon cheeseburgers. Shared several good lunches with a mentor here.

6. Lufkin BBQ on Chestnut Street. Discovered this little place while on a mission trip. Sweet tea, chopped beef sandwich and fried rolls while you wait...Heaven!

7. Taste of Texas in Houston. Love to celebrate valentine's with my honey every year with their baked brie, marinated steak skewer, and cinnamon coffee.

8. Amberjack's in South Padre Island. Led me to discover the fish tacos in all their glory. My honey & I sat on the porch at sunset and watched the stars come out.

9. Maria's New Mexican Kitchen in Santa Fe. Another family vacation took us to check out this little place. Blue corn tortillas, red & green salsa...out of this world!

10. L & M Cafe in Georgetown, Texas. It was the best country breakfast in the world after an all-nighter during my years at Southwestern University.

11. The Gristmill in Gruene, Texas. Been fortunate enough to celebrate weekends away with girlfriends and my 10th wedding anniversary in this Texas Eden. Love their peppercorn steak, round cut fries, & brownie Sunday with strawberries. Over looking the Comal River with an evening breeze, this is a great spot for lingering well after the table's been cleared.

No comments: